Bed bug infestations are everywhere and even the most affluent individuals can find themselves with a problem. The thing is, getting rid of bed bugs can be far from simple especially if they have become established in a property.
There are few things you might consider;
– These companies specialize in getting rid of bed bugs and most other pests that invade our homes, work places etc. They may use a range of different techniques to tackle the problem anything from heat to chemical sprays. However, they too on occasion fail (although you should ensure that follow up treatments are not charged for in this event.) Often times it also means you will have to vacate your home for hours perhaps days at a time and some of the chemicals used may have long term health implications. The last disadvantage is the cost – be prepared for a large hole in your bank balance.
– this is probably a far less expensive option but you really do have to be careful. There are thousands of products on the market, foggers, sprays etc. some of which can be extremely toxic and positively dangerous is not used in the correct manner. Thousands of people have become ill using such products there are even been fatalities.
Natural ways of getting rid of bed bugs
There are many of these and you can be sure that they are 100% safe especially where there are children and pets to consider.
Here are a few ideas:-
– Bed Bug Traps
These are a relatively cheap and extremely safe way to get rid of bed bugs as they make their way for their nightly meal. All it takes is one trap on the leg of a chair, or dressing table or even the bed. The bed bugs become stuck and will die. You can even pack these when you go on vacation as a safety measure so you won’t be getting bed bug bites in your hotel!
– crawling insect dust
This is a great long term way of getting rid of bed bugs. It is extremely safe and easy to use. It is simply sprinkled on floors, carpets, around cracks etc. When the bugs crawl through the dust it cuts through their hard skins thus causing them to dehydrate and die.
Bed Bugs cannot high temperatures. Making use of a good steam cleaner an extremely efficient way to get rid of bed bugs at all stages of development all the way from eggs to full grown adult bugs. It can be time consuming but well worth the time and effort.
1. De-clutter the room.
2. Launder everything possible, dispose of everything of no use.
3. Systematically vacuum EVERYTHING then methodically re-trace your steps with a steam cleaner
4. Use either a bed bug spray or bed bug dust as an extra insurance policy!
This simple four point method helped me get rid of bed bugs successfully. It took time and a lot of hard work but it worked – it could work for you too!